Thursday, December 5, 2019

So, how's college going Brooke?

My experience so far at CofC I would describe as being..... unexpected, but not in a bad way. I honestly expected college to be similar to high school, but it really is so different. Going to classes only twice a day has been fun in the fact that I have a lot more free time, but it has also made time management much more difficult. I initially expected it would be that difficult, but it is actually way harder than I thought.

Me and Abby
A positive thing I have enjoyed about my semester at CofC is the total and complete freedom I have experienced while being down here, away from my parents and anybody I knew before. It has honestly been one of the best parts for me, as I have now been free to make my own decisions and therefore suffer the consequences of my actions and learn from them. My mom was always very overprotective and a little overbearing at times so learning this skill on my own for the first time has been hard. However, I do enjoy having the ability to go anywhere I want at any time and not needing to check in with her.
Lea, Maddie and I (Vibes)

Creating friendships at CofC has been both easy and hard. I've met so many great people here in the groups I'm in, especially in my acapella group the Charleston Vibes, but things move fast around here and friendships come and go. I'm still really good friends with my roommate and her group, but the only friend I still have from my group at the beginning of the year is my friend Abby. It is honestly hard balancing many friend groups but everyone is still just starting out and I enjoy socializing so I haven't had a need to narrow down my circle just yet.

Overall, being at the College of Charleston has been a dream come true. Living in this beautiful city and meeting all the awesome people here has been the majority of the last few months for and honestly, I'm the happiest I've felt in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment